How to Prepare Your Home Before You Sell
Sell it Fast!!
When getting ready to put your home up for sale it can be very time consuming and stressful. Here are a few tips to keep in mind when selling your home:
1. First, you want to de-clutter your home. Buyers go through everything when going through homes, so make sure there are no toys falling out of the closet when you open it. Get rid of anything that you haven't used for years and give it to the Goodwill. Put away all your 'knick-nacks' and have your counters cleared off. You can also rent a storage unit to store the unused items you can't let go of until your home sells.
2. Make sure all the cabinets and closets are clean and organized. Straighten your dishes, hang your clothes neatly all facing the same direction, and line up your shoes.
3. Go through your home and fix any holes in the walls, scratches, missing tiles or cracked tiles, leaking faucets, and burnt out light bulbs. Painting your walls a neutral color is very effective and affordable.
4. You want your home to sparkle every time a buyer walks through. Make sure you vacuum daily, wax the floors, wipe down the counter tops and keep dishes put away.
5. Remove any light fixtures, window coverings, or appliances you want to keep and replace them. If the buyer doesn't know about them they won't ask for them to be included in the sale.
6. Make sure your home has good curb appeal when driving or walking by. Keep yard clean from debris. Mow your grass weekly and clear away weeds.
7. If you are wanting to spend money updating your home prior to selling, the most efficient place to use your money is painting, floor coverings, and updating the kitchen and baths.
8. And last but not least, make sure your home smells clean by using air fresheners.
Source: Elizabeth Weintraub, About.com
Blog Archive2017-12-11 16:03:49
Daybreak Tiny Houses
The Daybreak Community Enhancement Fee
Daybreak Utah Homes Pictures
Houses for Sale in Daybreak | Market Update
What's in a Name? A Street Name?
South Jordan Fitness Center - Halloween Pumpkin Pl
Prepare Your Home for Fall 2015
Inside Look at the Biltmore Estates!
FHA Loan Update!
Good to Know - Finding the Right Real Estate Agent
Beautiful & Timeless Bathroom Remodels
FAQ on Radon Levels in Utah
Prevent Frozen Pipes in Your Daybreak Homes
How to Create a Sports Themed Room
Top Kid-Friendly Winter Activities near Daybreak
Daybreak Bathroom Update
How to Make Your Daybreak Home Photogenic
How to Add Marsala to your Daybreak Home
Low Inventory Levels in Daybreak Utah
Winter Time House Hunting in Daybreak Utah
Pick It Up, Don't Pass It Up!
Road Trips around Utah from Daybreak
Daybreak Holiday Decorations & Staging
Staging Your Properties to Sell or to Rent
Click here to see ALL articles.